How to combine profile conditions
Do you want to have a different usage limit on weekends than weekdays? Or combine any other profile conditions together? You can!
- Go to the Blocking tab. In the Profiles section, tap + Add to create a new Profile.
- Select your first blocking condition, for example, Time.
- Set it up as you wish and tap Save.
- Next to step 1, you will now see a little Add (+) button. Tap it.
- Select your second condition, for example Usage limit, set up and save.
- Repeat until you have all the conditions you want to combine.
- Select the apps and websites you want to block and continue as usual.
For example, to give yourself different usage limit for different days, you may create two profiles:
- “Weekends” with usage limit: 4h/day + Time: weekends.
- “Weekdays” with usage limit: 1h/day + Time: weekdays.
Combining conditions leads to the profile being active when ALL conditions are active. If it is the weekend AND you hit the 4h/day limit, the profile will be blocked.
Creating several profiles results in OR relationship. We block on weekends OR weekdays.
Note: In AppBlock versions 5.X, Profiles are found in the menu on the left > Profiles.
For video instructions, check out our youtube channel:
AppBlock - Combining Profile Conditions, App usage limit at work.
Note: The videos may show an earlier version of the app.